[plt-scheme] Help Desk

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 08:57:09 EST 2003

--- Dor Kleiman <dor at ntr.co.il> wrote:
> In one of the versions of DrScheme, 203 I believe,
> there was an external help desk, that used the
> browser. Why is this no longer available? The
> internal help desk is quite annoying, especially
> that message box of 'getting data from server'

There was a lot of discussion on this at the time.
IIRC working with an external browser was hard to get
right over all browsers and platforms that PLT
supported.  It was decided the energy would be better
spent elsewhere and so the external browser was
abandoned.  If you don't like it I look forward to
your XPCOM binding (the component system used in
Mozilla; Python and Ruby have bindings).  And yes, I
really do mean that -- being able to use the Mozilla
rendering engine and widget set would be really good
IMHO.

No flames intended and sorry, I don't have time to put
my money where my mouth is.

Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com