[plt-scheme] using syntax-color

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 4 15:17:48 EST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 1:01 PM, Daniel Silva wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I opened DrScheme today, saw a Modes option under the Edit menu,
> changed
> it to Java Mode, started typing, and suddenly there were colors
> everywhere!  Can I do whatever the profj people did but for the Scheme
> mode (and maybe a Python mode)?
For Scheme you could, but I've already done it and it will soon (within
a  week) be integrated into DrScheme.  Once I get it integrated I'll
make some docs so you can add a Python coloring mode.

>   Are there docs?  Matthew mentioned
> syntax-color this week so I assume that's what's coloring the editor.
> Does it operate on expanded syntax objects? :)
Yes it is syntax-color that's doing it and no, it doesn't operate on
syntax-objects it operates lexically.  This means that macro calls and
function calls are not distinguished.  It also means that comments are.

-Scott

Posted on the users mailing list.