[plt-scheme] DrScheme online syntax highlighting

From: Daniel Silva (dansilva at lynx.dac.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 3 14:27:17 EST 2003

Does anybody who tried highlight.ss get errors like these when loading
scheme files?

open-input-text-editor: end index outside the range [1997,3000]: 1024
open-input-text-editor: end index outside the range [2596,4000]: 2011
#<struct:object:/home/daniel/plt/collects/stepper/stepper-tool.ss:525:8>:1:0: read: expected a ')'

And does anyone know what the errors mean?

tia,

Daniel

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 08:15, Daniel Silva wrote:

> First stab at http://dsweb.hopto.org/scheme-highlight.tar.gz
>
> To use: untar and gunzip the archive in collects/highlight, then restart
> DrScheme.  Syntax highlighting is local to the last expression typed, so
> you won't see any colors right after loading a file.  I hope it's faster
> this way; please let me know if it's still too slow.
>
> I don't know what the error messages that pop up sometimes when you open
> a file mean -- with-handlers doesn't catch them so I don't know where
> they come from.
>
> By the way, I noticed that there is a syntax-color collection.  How does
> that work?
>
> Daniel

Posted on the users mailing list.