[plt-scheme] dynamic libraries installer

From: David A. Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 22:50:00 EDT 2003

Is the installer for the dynamic libraries really necessary? I have tried
just copying libmred204_000.dll, libmzgc204_000.dll, and
libmzsch204_000.dll to the same directory as a mzc-built executable on a
machine without DrScheme and it seemed to work, but I don't know if there
are other files or registry settings that the installer sets up. Whenever
possible I like to avoid installers: people love that about programs like
putty, that they don't have to fear the installer putting their computer
in some inconsistent or irreversable state.

Thanks,
Dave Herman

Posted on the users mailing list.