[plt-scheme] installing a .plt file off $HOME

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon May 12 15:08:08 EDT 2003

At Mon, 12 May 2003 13:34:10 -0400 (EDT), Ethan Aubin wrote:
> I'd like to install SchemeUnit on a machine at school where I don't
> have write access to the installation directory.  Is there a way to
> install a .plt file off my home directory?
>
> I've tried (run-single-installer <filename> current-directory) in
> plt-single-installer.ss and running setup-plt <filename>, but the
> destination directory is always the default collects/ directory.  I've
> also tried setting $PLTCOLLECTS to the directory to which I'd like to
> install.

Setup PLT will offer a better solution in the future. For now, you
might try using Setup PLT's private `unpack' function directly:

 (require (lib "unpack.ss" "setup"))
 (unpack <.plt-file> <alt-plthome-dir>)

to unpack into <alt-plthome-dir>/collects/<collection>.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.