[plt-scheme] Accessing modules in a stand-alone executable

From: Ulf Leopold (ulfleopold at yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 11 16:25:26 EDT 2003

I have structured my application into collections. It
also makes use of some of the standard collections,
such as mzlib. Now I want to compile these collections
to *native* code and link them together with the rest
of the application to produce a fully stand-alone
executable.

However, once a module has been compiled and linked
with the application it can no longer be referred to
the following way:

 (require (lib "mymodule.scm" "mycollection"))

Instead it must be referred to using its identifier:

 (require mymodule)

Since (when developing) I want to switch between
having the modules compiled in and not, I would prefer
to always keep the require statements on the first
form. Another reason is that I don't want to modify,
for example, the mzlib code. Is there a simple way to
avoid this?

I have been thinking in terms of modifying the module
name resolver, but I'm not sure how to access the
module identifier (i.e. mymodule) so that it can be
returned from the module name resolver.

Thanks,

Ulf