[plt-scheme] Using scheme-unit from DrScheme

From: Michael Vanier (mvanier at cs.caltech.edu)
Date: Fri May 9 19:54:56 EDT 2003

OK, now I get it.  I didn't realize that you had to create the test suite
from the file menu first.

Some minor nits (I'm using version 203).

1) The documentation in the help desk says "To test of your program, click
   the execute button at the top of the test suite window."  This is
   ungrammatical; the first "to" should be removed.

2) Some of the figures in the test suite entry in the help desk are being
   rendered as boxes with an X in them.

3) In the test suite window (the one created from the File menu), the
   "program to test" dialog has a fixed viewable width.  I use a largish
   font, so I had to resize it to view the path of the program.  It would
   be nice if it scrolled.

4) The "expected" part of the test suite window expects a valid scheme
   expression.  If the function being tested generates a list, for
   instance, you have to specify the expected value as e.g. '(1 2 3 4 5)
   instead of (1 2 3 4 5).  This could be confusing.  At least it should be
   documented.

Another thing: in my version I have the "tests" button which invokes
SchemeUnit.  Is it the case that this is completely separate from the test
suite feature that is accessible from the File menu?

All in all, though, this is a really great feature that significantly
improves the usefulness of DrScheme.

Mike

> From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu>
> Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 06:42:54 -0400
>
> Michael,
>
> If you're referring to the "test suite" feature, here's an easy
> answer: please take a look at the Tour (available off the Help Desk).
> It has an entry on the test suites.  So, for example, write
>
> (define (f x) (* x x))
>
> in the Definitions window, then enter
>
> (f 5)
>
> in the expressions window, and