[plt-scheme] Error during make install

From: Pieter Pareit (pieter.pareit at skynet.be)
Date: Wed May 7 13:55:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have an error during installation of drscheme v204 (compiled from
sources). I configured plt to install at /usr/local, which is the
same location as the previous install. I also compiled plt with
optimizations (-O3) if it would mather. System is mandrake cooker
(pre 9.2).

The error seems to come while compiling a .zos file.

When starting up drscheme, it runs (right version), is usable,
interpreter is working, some projects of mine run fine, and
documentation is working. There seems to be no problem at all with
drscheme. Just the error I had during install.

Here is what I did at the prompt and the output of the error:

$ nice ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-dynlib && nice make
$ su
# make install
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by XML private
setup-plt:   in /usr/local/collects/xml/private/
setup-plt: Compiling .zos used by XML
setup-plt:   in /usr/local/collects/xml/
setup-plt: Installing DrScheme
setup-plt: Installing Help
setup-plt: Done setting up
setup-plt:
setup-plt: Error during Compiling .zos for Setup PLT
(/usr/local/collects/setup)
setup-plt:   load-handler: expected a `module' declaration for
`plt-installers' in "/usr/local/collects/setup/plt-installers.ss",
found: plt-installer-sig
setup-plt: Error during Compiling .zos for Help Desk servlets private
(/usr/local/collects/help/servlets/private)
setup-plt:   main-pane.ss:40:41: compile: unbound variable in module
in: use-frames?
setup-plt: Error during Compiling .zos for Help Servlets
(/usr/local/collects/help/servlets)
setup-plt:   load-handler: expected a `module' declaration for
`bug-report' in "/usr/local/collects/help/servlets/bug-report.ss",
but found something else
setup-plt: Error during Compiling .zos for Help private
(/usr/local/collects/help/private)
setup-plt:   internal-server.ss:31:21: compile: unbound variable in
module in: serve
make[1]: *** [copy-finish] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ppareit/src/plt/src'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Posted on the users mailing list.