[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme v204 available

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed May 7 17:03:49 EDT 2003

At Wed, 07 May 2003 12:44:56 +0200, Andreas Voegele wrote:
> I had problems to run "make install".  Since there is a file called
> "install" in the top-level directory the make command thinks that the
> target "install" is up to date.  I think that either the script
> "install" should be renamed to "install.sh" or the following target
> should be added to the Makefile:
>
> .PHONY : install
>
> This works with GNU make.  I do not know if other make implementations
> support .PHONY.

For this to be a problem, it seems like you'd have to run `configure'
while the "plt" directory is the current directory. Is that what
happened?

[If so, I'm surprised that this was the only problem. Normally, you
should run `configure' from either an empty directory (that you intend
to populate with intermediate build products) or in the configure
script's own directory. I see that the current "README" doesn't explain
this convention, though.]

Or did this problem happen when running `configure' in a different
directory?

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.