[plt-scheme] mutually required modules

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue May 6 19:26:23 EDT 2003

Davids,

As I'm sure you will hear, for this is a particularly good place to
ask, these proposals are at least in part based on the work by Matthew
Flatt, culminating in Matthew's dissertation and PLDI paper and other
papers that popularized their need.

Such a system already exists in PLT Scheme, under the UNIT construct.
You might want to look into that.

Shriram

David Van Horn wrote:

> David A. Herman wrote:
>
> > In separating modules between interfaces and implementations, I sometimes
> > find that I'd like to offer a particular implementation as the default for
> > convenience, but the mutual reference between modules causes a cycle in
> > the module resolver.
>
> Xavier Leroy has written a proposal for solving this problem in the OCaml
> language.
>
>    What this extension provides is a "module rec ... and ..." binding
>    that allows the definition of mutually-recursive modules within the
>    same compilation units.  Recursion between compilation units is a
>    different problem that is not adressed yet.
>
>    http://cristal.inria.fr/~xleroy/publi/recursive-modules-note.pdf
>
> -d

Posted on the users mailing list.