[plt-scheme] domain language hacking, and arguing with the module system

From: Daniel Hagerty (hag at linnaean.org)
Date: Fri May 2 05:52:16 EDT 2003

Daniel Silva <dansilva at lynx.dac.neu.edu> writes:

> Have you tried namespace-require and dynamic-require?

    Yes; they don't match what I need as quite as well.
namespace-require side effects the top level environment to get values
into the view of module's runtime.  This would be bad in my
application; I'm looking for module scope.

dynamic-require doesn't map the required's modules exports in, except
for its return value.

    For what I'm doing, the module system's provide/require seems the
right way to go.  I'm pretty sure I can get something that will work
from a top level driver script.  I'm wondering if there's anyway that
I could get it to work from the module system tho.   If I spell
everything out to the transparent repl and say go, with lots of
debugging printfs, I'm still not really grokking the why of
everything's evaluation.

Posted on the users mailing list.