[plt-scheme] Troubles with write-to-file and read-from-file in text%

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:38:36 EST 2003

Sorry for the delay. (I had to make time to read the manual, because I'm
starting to forget the details.)

You need to put calls to `write-editor-global-header' and
`write-editor-global-footer' around the call to `write-to-file'.
Also put calls to `read-editor-global-header' and
`read-editor-global-footer' around the call to `read-from-file'.

See section 8.2 of the MrEd manual for details.

Matthew

At Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:40:55 +0100, Erich Rast wrote:
> Like has been suggested to me, I may use write-to-file and
> read-from-file to get or set text including styles. Unfortunately, the
> code below (public methods inside a text% subclass) doesn't seem to
> work. According to my home-brewn debug calls, the string returned by
> get-rich-text looks good and includes a standard header plus the text
> data (sample far below), but insert-rich-text simply does nothing.
>
> Strange enough, I've checked (send input-stream ok?) and it returns
> true.

Posted on the users mailing list.