[plt-scheme] Structures added to MzLib

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 19 23:21:22 EST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 07:43  PM, Paul Graunke wrote:

> Isn't "structure" a confusing name given that we have define-struct
> already?  I know the name comes from ML, but it's still confusing.
I haven't been able to come up with a less confusing name, so I stuck
with the ML name.  Any suggestions?

> Are structures to support dromedary?  Are you (or others) planning to
> replace modules or units with structures eventually?
I implemented structures to support an SML compiler I am working on.
Whereas Dromedary is only a teaching language, I aim to support most of
the full SML language.
I don't think structures should replace modules or units and I am not
aware of anyone who does.

Posted on the users mailing list.