[plt-scheme] DRScheme LGPL License Question

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 12 12:09:17 EST 2003

Shawn Legrand <splegrand at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could someone explain in English (not legalese) the commercial
> ramifications of a stand-alone executable. I will not hold you legally
> to your help, I just would like a clarification by someone who is more
> familiar with how to distribute a commercial application using Dr Scheme
> and the LGPL.

Whether the software is commercial or not makes no difference to the
licensing.  Even if it were GNU GPL, you could use DrScheme in that way
with a GNU GPL'd commercial application.

If you meant to ask whether you could use DrScheme in this
way with a proprietary application, then the general answer is yes,
but you should check the FAQs about the LGPL on the www.gnu.org web site.

MJR

Posted on the users mailing list.