[plt-scheme] package management thoughts

From: Robert Bruce Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 10 22:53:26 EST 2003

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 09:48  PM, Jacob Matthews wrote:
>> I'd hate to try talking to a disconnected/hanging network server
>> because
>> I typo'd a module name...
>
> and I expect this to be less of a big deal than the things in my list,
> though I don't really have any strong basis for that guess.

It should be possible to raise an exception when the dependency cannot
be specified at run-time and add something to setup-plt (or a similar
utility) that reads over all the files in all of the collections and
fetches the needed modules (for the static requires). For dynamic
requires, there could be a more ad-hoc solution; perhaps the info.ss
file can specify additional dependencies or something.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.