[plt-scheme] drscheme 203.5 problem

From: Dimitry Gashinsky (dig at mail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 12:10:19 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 11:28, Katsmall the Wise wrote:
> (define f (make-object frame% "Test"))
> (define c (instantiate editor-canvas% (f)
>             [stretchable-height #f]
>             [style '(no-vscroll no-hscroll)])
> (send c set-line-count 1)(send f show #t)
> It might give you the same problem as a text-field%
> Try setting the line count to 20, I wonder what will happen.

This code worked correctly. It produced text field of the proper height.
I did not had to set it to 20. If I set it 20 I get exactly the same
result.

> Anyway, I had the same problem with Windows (on every program), and
> the solution was resetting the global font sizes (or something like
> that) from the control panel.  Is that possible under linux?

I am not sure what the resize of font procedure will equate on Linux. I
am more a console person myself. I originally thought that this has to
do with fonts, but Matthew said that it is unlikely.

I also try upgrading to the latest xfree 4.3 and all the other related
packages. I also tried DrScheme 201, 202 and 203 from download page.
Still getting the same behavior.

Dima

Posted on the users mailing list.