[plt-scheme] Creating a .plt distribution

From: Pedro Pinto (ppinto at cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 8 10:14:47 EST 2003

Hi there,

I have been trying to create a .plt distribution file (under WinXP) and I
have run into some difficulties.

I have the following directory structure which I would like to create a .plt
for:

ss-db
    ss-db.ss
    info.ss
    compiled
        native
            win32
                i386
                    ss-db-ext.dll

where info.ss is:

(module info (lib "infotab.ss" "setup")
  (define name "ss-db")
  (define compile-omit-files
    '("info.ss" "ss-db.ss")))

My goal is for my ss-db.plt archive to create an ss-db collection under
plt\collects. I tried the following:

mzc --collection-plt ss-db.plt --at-plt "ss-db"

But this seems to miss the ss-db-ext.dll file i.e. when I install the .plt a
ss-db directory is created under plt\collects but the "compiled" directory
is empty.

So I tried this:

mzc ++setup ss-db --at-plt --plt ss-db.plt ss-db\ss-db.ss ss-db\info.ss
ss-db\compiled\native\win32\i386\ss-db-ext.dll

This packages all the files but when installed a ss-db directory is created
under plt instead of plt\collects.

Now, I can make the above work by pre-pending collects\ to all the files
paths but it seems I must be missing something else.

Any clues, references?

Thanks in advance,
-pp

Posted on the users mailing list.