[plt-scheme] availability of RPM for RH 8.0 and DrScheme 203

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Mar 5 19:21:41 EST 2003

On Mar  5, MJ Ray wrote:
> Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > a binary RPM, since Linux is more popular, it gets the usual crowd
>
> rpm != Linux, no matter what RH may have been telling you...

Please note the meaning of what I said: binary RPM is needed because
Linux, especially RH, is gaining popularity.  If you manage to do
something wild like installing RPMs that's good for you but meaningful
in terms of the general crowd I'm talking about.  On the other side, I
suppose it would be possible to hack a Linux setup.exe using wine, but
even if you can, it's just an irrelevant technicality unrelated to the
need for a "standard" setup.exe.