[plt-scheme] package management issues

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 4 08:57:59 EST 2003

On 2003-03-04 13:00:28 +0000 Neil W. Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org>
wrote:

> I think you might be going to an awful lot of work to try to enforce
> something that you can't in the general case.

Nothing that you wrote seems to be inherently incompatible with doing
package management via the native system.  It just points out limits
in the current setup-plt, where Amy may hide the best available
version.  That should be fixed, too.

Not fixing it wouldn't move us far beyond adding a simple downloader
tool.

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Posted on the users mailing list.