[plt-scheme] package management issues

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 3 10:33:57 EST 2003

Neil W. Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
>      for users to download and install all the necessary versions of the
>      necessary packages (plus make sure they don't break any existing
>      version dependencies the user may have).  This compounds the usual
>      engineer's unease with creating interdependencies.

It sounds like you are wanting .plt files to have a Debian-style dependency
system.  While that may be a good idea, I struggle to see how to make it
play nicely with all the different package managers out there.  A poor
attempt at a solution to this may even be worse than no solution. :-S

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Posted on the users mailing list.