[plt-scheme] Can SRFI-7 be made to work with PLT Scheme v204?

From: Francisco Solsona (solsona at acm.org)
Date: Mon Jun 30 18:51:14 EDT 2003

Dirk Gerrits <dirk at gerrits.homeip.net> writes:

> When I try to use SRFI-7 with PLT Scheme v204 I get the following error:
>
>  > (require (lib "program.ss" "srfi" "7"))
> open-input-file: cannot open input file:
> "D:\APPS\plt\collects\srfi\0.ss" (No such file or directory; errno=2)
>
> I other words: SRFI-7 is implemented in terms of SRFI-0, but SRFI-0 is
> not implemented at all.
>
> Can I find a PLT Scheme implementation for SRFI-0 somewhere to make
> SRFI-7 work? It's not in CVS apparently. Will it be in v205?

You must have a somewhat old version of SRFI-7, which indeed was based
on the implementation of SRFI-0 we *used* to have.  The latest srfi
collection has a full blown implementation of SRFI-7 that no longer
requires "0.ss" (which BTW was not a strict SRFI-0 implementation, and
was deprecated).

How are you getting PLT?  The srfi collection (without a SRFI-0
implementation) is part of PLT since v204.

--Francisco

P.S. If you got the `latest packaged version of the SRFI collection'
from the schematics site, that is the root of the problem!.

Posted on the users mailing list.