[plt-scheme] mysterx InternetExplorer.Application NewWindow2

From: Ron Stanonik (stanonik at Cogsci.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 09:46:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Paul Steckler wrote:
> The MS docs say that the event does not occur when you select Window|New
> from
> the IE menu.  Is that the situation here?

No.  I'm following a link which opens a new window.

If you run the test code, which opens hci.ucsd.edu,
then click on the UCSD link, UCSD will open in a
new window without generating NewWindow2.

I have similar code in VB and it does get a NewWindow2 event.

I'm about to write some C++ code to also test this.

I forgot to mention that I'm running PLT 204 and mx-version 204.

Thanks,

Ron
stanonik at cogsci.ucsd.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.