[plt-scheme] Executables

From: David Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 09:26:55 EDT 2003

> In my previous conversation, I was told that I can create an
> executable in Dr. Scheme. I found the "create executables" menu item
> and I used it. The only problem is, that you still need the Dr. Scheme
> environment installed for it to work. I would like it to be a stand
> alone program that can run on any computer without any other
> additional software installed. Is this possible to do? If so, how?

As Robby suggested, you can install just the required libraries with
the link he gave you. Also, if you don't even want to have the client
run that installer, you can just include the libraries you need in the
directory with your executable. I asked about this a month or so ago:

http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-May/002779.html
http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-May/002781.html

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.