[plt-scheme] concurrency bug in tcp-connect

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Fri Jun 6 19:42:38 EDT 2003

> I modified your patch, slightly: I moved the strlen() test back to the
> top of the function (since one branch of the test escapes), but I kept
> the strcpy() under the lock.

Oops.  The result of my cowboy fix-bug-at-any-cost mode.  You know, I looked
at that branch and wondered whether I needed to worry about the deallocation
of the GHBN_Rec structure, but then noticed it wasn't being explicitly
deallocated later anyway (the wonders of conservative collection, I take
it).  But I completely spaced on the fact that the lock would be kept in the
event of an early return.  I'm off to shave my head...

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.