[plt-scheme] Re: eq and hashing

From: Jerzy Karczmarczuk (karczma at info.unicaen.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 3 04:37:36 EDT 2003

Joe Marshall wrote:

> From: "Jerzy Karczmarczuk" <karczma at info.unicaen.fr>
>
>>I have a philosophical question, Gentlemen.
>>Why do you call such programs "malicious"?
>
> You were the first to use the word `malicious' in your
> message  <Pine.LNX.4.50L.0305301045050.23168-100000 at duch.mimuw.edu.pl>

No. You must confuse me with somebody else.

>>Of course the *resource* protection is necessary in all cases, including
>>correct programs, but this is a job for Civil Lawyers and Commerce Chambers,
>>not for the Crime Prevention Departments...
>
> If I have a `runaway' program consuming all my processor time and memory,
> the *last* person I want to talk to is a lawyer.

Please, don't pretend that you don't understand what I meant, this is
silly. If you insist I might explain without baroque analogies, but
it would be boring for all people who know what is software engineering.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

Caen, France

Posted on the users mailing list.