[plt-scheme] Re: eq and hashing

From: Zbyszek Jurkiewicz (zbyszek at duch.mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Mon Jun 2 13:50:25 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Joe Marshall wrote:

> [...]

I am afraid not, OS does not know whether some program is still
using some gadget (in principle it possibly could) -- a "server"
has to destroy it and is not obvious who is the server.

Of course it has nothing to do with Scheme, I just wanted to show
that such behavior is not necessarily "malicious" or stupid,
but could be.

Zbyszek Jurkiewicz

Posted on the users mailing list.