[plt-scheme] odd window bug

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 26 11:59:56 EDT 2003

At Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:29:56 -0700, briand at aracnet.com wrote:
> After thinking that it might be trying to load a truncated file of
> some sort I started looking for files and found :
>
> .plt-toc-index  ????
> ,plt-toc-index-backup  ???
>
> something or other.

That explains the problem, and DrScheme shouldn't fail to start when
these files get corrupted. We'll fix DrScheme.

> * The uninstall really ought to kill those files off (and yes I did
>   select the remove user config files option).

The uninstaller probably doesn't know about the autotave TOC. We'll
have to fix that, too.

> * is there any way to trace the "load" process of drscheme, so that I
>   could have figured this out ?
>
> Naturally under linux this would have been a trivially problem to
> diagnose using strace.

You could install a "security guard" with the `current-secutry-guard'
parameter before loaidng DrScheme:

  mred -f myguard.ss -mvqM drscheme

where "myguard.ss" installs a security guard that allows all access but
reports each accessed path.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.