[plt-scheme] match and xml structures

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at emba.uvm.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 15 14:42:34 EDT 2003

Matthew Flatt wrote:

> Both the `match' problem and errortrace problem are now fixed in the
> CVSed code.
>
> Matthew

Matthew, thank you for your help.  However, structure subtypes still
don't seem to match.

    (match (make-element 'l 'r 'x '() '())
      (($ element start stop name attributes content) #t))

I thought perhaps this should be written...

    (match (make-element 'l 'r 'x '() '())
      (($ element ($ source start stop) name attributes content) #t))

Both give the error "match: too many fields for structure in pattern."

Is this the same bug or are my patterns incorrect?  I tried to take a
look at what you had changed to fix this last bug, but I couldn't track
it down.  My CVS-fu is not the greatest.

-d

Posted on the users mailing list.