[plt-scheme] What's the latest on the Scsh port?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jul 12 18:20:08 EDT 2003

On Jul 11, lewisbrown at acm.org wrote:

> I googled for a porting project, but it seems the last time scsh and
> plt were mentioned together was over a year ago. [...]

I generally plan to start working on some better support for shell
scripts (an ideal would be to add some other grammar that will make
the whole thing something you can use as an interactive shell...).
But I don't know about additional low-level functionality -- stuff
that is on the C level and requires work on non-unix platforms will
not be pleasant...  My general idea is that some scripting support is
desperately needed, but not a scsh port that can actually use scsh
code.  I think that when Paul asked around about this, this was his
conclusion too.