[plt-scheme] drscheme language for r5rs + specific srfis

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Jan 30 14:54:40 EST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 02:39  PM, Neil W. Van Dyke wrote:

> Is there an easy way to have DrScheme give me a language that only has
> R5RS plus specific SRFIs?
>
> Immediate desire is to use DrScheme to detect portability problems in a
> program that should use only R5RS plus SRFI-6 (string ports).
>
> I could write my own extension to the "R5RS" DrScheme language, or
> define an `r5rs-srfi6' language for the module system and temporarily
> wrap my program in a module.  Is there an easier way?

Here's the real question, I think: setting aside the issue (for the
moment) of the textual wrapping, are you happy with this result?  That
is: wrapping the whole thing in a module changes the semantics of the
language somewhat, and is incompatible with r5rs in certain ways.  For
instance, a module can contain at most one definition for a given
identifier.  I'm not sure how "load" works in the module world. Etc.,
etc. (I'm being deliberately vague here).

BUT, if you're happy with the language that you get this way, I think
it would be a minor implementation issue (perhaps you could even do it
yourself) to create a language level that wraps input files in a
"module" form in the way you suggest.

Oh, er, assuming we get the existing SRFI implementations installed in
a uniform way.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong.

john

Posted on the users mailing list.