[plt-scheme] DrScheme installation problem

From: Tim Kynerd (tim at kynerd.nu)
Date: Mon Jan 20 13:15:01 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the DrScheme gzipped tarball and tried compiling and
installing it on my Linux machine (SuSE Linux 8.1 Pro, kernel version
2.4.19).

The configure and make steps work fine, aside from some warnings issued
by make which I assume are no problem (they're warnings, right?). I
passed these options to configure: "--prefix=/usr/local/plt
--enable-dynlib".

Make install fails immediately, printing the following text:

if [ ! -d /usr/local/plt ] ; then mkdir /usr/local/plt ; fi
cp -p -r ./../collects /usr/local/plt/.
cp: `./../collects' and `/usr/local/plt/./collects' are the same file
make: *** [copytree] Error 1

Of course, 'cp' is absolutely correct: since I'm running make install in
/usr/local/plt/src, ./../collects is /usr/local/plt/collects, and
/usr/local/plt/./collects is also /usr/local/plt/collects.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Tim Kynerd   Sundbyberg (småstan i storstan), Sweden   tim at tram.nu
Sunrise in Stockholm today:  8:30
Sunset in Stockholm today:  15:26
My rail transit photos at http://www.kynerd.nu