[plt-scheme] newbie-(load someFile) and profiling don't work under linux

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 19 20:50:25 EST 2003

All of the versions of DrScheme should be the same (the majority of the
code is shared, and in Scheme).

It should like you need to be in one of the languages under the PLT tab
in the language dialog (except not Expander). Those languages all
should have `load' and profiling.

Hth,
Robby

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 06:55  PM, Glen Moore wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm brand new to DrScheme/Scheme.  Can anyone one tell me if there are
> know difficulties running scheme under Linux.  I downloaded the UNIX
> distro, compiled it and everything seemed fine.  When I try and use
> (load someFile) I get the error "reference to undefined identifier:
> load".  I'm on expert level, since many of the examples I'm
> encountering are not understood by beginner.
>
> Also, when I try and access Language-->Choose Language-->Show Details
> there is no profiling option.  When I try Show-->Show Profile, I get
> the error "There is no profiling information available. Please be sure
> that profiling is enabled in your language and you have run your
> program."  I run the program and still get the same error.
>
> Is the UNIX release different than the Windows release?
>
> Any help appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Glen

Posted on the users mailing list.