[plt-scheme] fractions and decimals

From: Robert Bruce Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 19 18:44:45 EST 2003

To further complicate the issue, in the teaching languages (those
languages under the "How to Design Program" triangle in the language
dialog), decimal numbers are interpreted as exact numbers, not inexact
numbers. We found that having fewer sources of inexactness for
beginning students was preferable.

So, if Stephen's original tests with the test suite tool had been in
the beginning language, I think he would have found what he expected.

Robby