[plt-scheme] Problem with french keyboard (related problem)

From: Andre Mayers (andre.mayers at DMI.USherb.CA)
Date: Thu Jan 16 21:52:54 EST 2003

Good day,

I have a problem with the ergonomic keyboard of Microsoft (there is
only one english version of this keyboard) when I use the French
characters [ French (Canada) ]. In particular, < is always
interpreted like ESC < (beginning of file) and > like ESC is always
interpreted ESC > (beginning of file). I must say that in order to
print a < or > with my keyboard, I must press ALT ' or ALT ". The
problem doesn't appear with other software. I use windows xp but I
had this problem with nt4 and windows 2000 and a more regular key
board.

Somebody with an idea of the parameters to modify to eliminate this
problem.

Thank you

Andre Mayers, Ph.D., professeur            |  tel: 819-821-8000x2041
Dept. de math. et d'informatique             |  fax: 819-821-8200
Universite de Sherbrooke                       |  andre.mayers at dmi.usherb.ca
Sherbrooke (Quebec) Canada J1K 2R1 |  http://www.dmi.usherb.ca/~amayers