[plt-scheme] Accessing the Registry under Windows 2000

From: Dominique Boucher (Dominique.Boucher at sgdl-sys.com)
Date: Thu Jan 9 13:52:40 EST 2003

> Anton van Straaten wrote:
>
> > I can confirm that for me, on Windows 2000 Server, the above code
> > succeeds (#t) on a version of DrScheme reported as 202.6-cvs7nov2002,
> > but fails (#f) under the official distribution of v202.
>
> I think Flatt fixed a registry bug for me between 202 and 203.
> There's a difference between what the Microsoft documentation says
> the functiond do, and what they actually do.
>
> I had some problems with set-resource at the time, but haven't
> looked into since. Does it work for you?

I did not test set-resource. I only need get-resource to get some path
from the registry (this is mainly a workaround on Windows 98 because
InstallShield does not seem to properly set environment variables).
Since I don't want to upgrade to another version of DrScheme (I use the
official v202 distribution), I'll have to find a workaround for this
workaround...

But if Matthew could tell me what has changed in the wxGetResource function,
I'd be grateful.

Thanks a lot.

Dominique

Posted on the users mailing list.