[plt-scheme] NW: Development Status of SchemeDoc

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jan 6 11:22:15 EST 2003

On Jan  6, Noel Welsh wrote:
> When writing this kind of thing I want a general
> transformation framework.  WebIt! has an excellent
> transformation framework similar to syntax-case.  I
> originally wrote my own transformation framework but
> why bother when 1) WebIt! does the same (and is
> arguably more convenient as the code isn't littered
> with syntax-object->datum) and 2) WebIt! will output
> the transformations as HTML which is the most popular
> format.

Well, obviously, my first thought when I saw this is that if there was
a seperate documentation extraction mechanism I could easily use it
for Swindle (I did implement some in-line documentation thing, and the
part of the actual extraction is just a simple regexp hack, so getting
s-exp documentation would make that part easier).  But also, if the
annotations are easy enough, and the extraction is robust enough, it
should be useful in very different contexts like latex, info, and even
interactive help...

[But I'm just shooting blanks now, feel free to ignore me...]