[plt-scheme] FW: [Caml-list] First release of Cstr

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 11 14:33:44 EST 2003

Cross-pollination!

-- Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caml-list at pauillac.inria.fr
[mailto:owner-caml-list at pauillac.inria.fr] On Behalf Of
Bruno.Verlyck at inria.fr
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 1:52 PM
To: caml-announce at inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] First release of Cstr

Somewhere deep in the Cash (http://pauillac.inria.fr/cash/)
documentation,
there's an
   Oops: the SRFI-13 librar[y is] not implemented for now
This line is (nearly) obsolete.  As this library is of general interest,
distribute it separately.  So:

I'm pleased to announce the first release of Cstr (numbered 0.80), a
full-featured string and charset library.  It is a Caml implementation
of
SRFIs 13 and 14 (http://srfi.schemers.org).

Short description:
 This library contains procedures that create, fold, iterate over,
search,
 compare, assemble, cut, hash, case-map, and otherwise manipulate
 strings.  They are provided by the String13 module.
 It also provides a set-of-characters abstraction, which is frequently
 useful when searching, parsing, filtering or otherwise operating on
strings
 and character data.  This is provided by the Charset14 module.

The documentation is incomplete; only the String13 module has
documentation.
While waiting for some time to do it, I put an srfi-14.txt file in the
sources, containing the starting spec of Charset14 (srfi-13.txt is there
too).

For more information, see:
 http://pauillac.inria.fr/cash/cstr
Download the most recently distributed source:
 ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/cristal/cash/cstr/cstr.tar.gz
Latest development / bug fixes (CVS archive):
 http://camlcvs.inria.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cash/cstr/
Documentation:
 http://pauillac.inria.fr/cash/cstr/latest/doc/doc.dvi
 http://pauillac.inria.fr/cash/cstr/latest/doc/doc.ps
 http://pauillac.inria.fr/cash/cstr/latest/doc/index.html

Bug reports, comments, doc typos, and contributions are very welcome:
drop me a mail at Bruno.Verlyck at inria.fr.

I hope this will answer to some recurring requests to have more features
in
the standard String module (on which Cstr doesn't depend).

Enjoy,
Bruno.