[plt-scheme] Extension to call Win32 API from MzScheme?

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 4 11:40:34 EST 2003

> I want to know about such stuff exists.
> If it don't exist I have some ideas and time to do that ;)))

As far as I know, no one has written a plain Win32 library for PLT
Scheme.

But it can done -- the MysterX extension makes many Win32 calls.

The biggest problem you'll face is how to cooperate with the Scheme
runtime system.  In particular, you'll have to make sure your code works
with the GC, and if running under MrEd/DrScheme, it handles Win32 events
without interference.

Since I have experience in this area, I'd be glad to provide advice when
needed.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.