[plt-scheme] Embedding MzScheme: untouchable signals

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 31 10:35:30 EST 2003

At Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:06:56 +0300, Khorev Sergey wrote:
> What signals are required for embedded MzScheme to work properly?
> E.g., if I override SIGPROF to default action, the application will die due
> SIGPROF.
> SIGSEGV and SIGBUS are required for Hans Boehm GC.
> Are there other vitable signals?

FWIW, you can disable MzScheme's use of SIGPROF by adding -DDONT_ITIMER
the the compiler line (perhaps by setting CFLAGS when running
configure).

I think SIGSEGV and SIGBUS are used by the Boehm GC only for
incremental collection, which is not enabled by default.

That's all, I think.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.