[plt-scheme] Installing SrPersist

From: Arend P. van der Veen (apv at capital.net)
Date: Sun Dec 7 10:16:17 EST 2003

I have made some progress on getting this to compile.  I found that I
had to manually move the files to be under /opt/plt.  My next problem is
with the scheme compiler:

../../bin/mzc  --ld srpmain.so srpersist.o srpbuffer.o srptypes.o \
-L/usr/local/lib -llibiodbc -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2
-lstdc++

The error I get is:

MzScheme compiler (mzc) version 205, Copyright (c) 1996-2003 PLT
"srpersist.o" "srpbuffer.o" "srptypes.o" "-L/usr/local/lib"
"-llibiodbc":
link-extension:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibiodbc
make: *** [srpmain.so] Error 1

There is a file named /usr/local/lib/libiodbc.a on my system so it is
not clear what this file is not found.  I think that libiodbc is the
filename of my odbc driver manager.

My configuration is redhat 9.0, plt 205, unixODBC-2.2.5 and
libiodbc-3.51.-1

Thanks for any help,
Arend van der Veen

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 09:57, Arend P. van der Veen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to plt-scheme and am having trouble installing SrPersist.  I am
> using version 205 under Redhat Linux 9.0.
>
> To load I type:
>
> setup-plt srpersist-204.plt.
>
> This places files under my home directory  in ".plt-scheme/205" and not
> where scheme is installed (/opt/plt).  If I run the setup command as
> root the files are placed in /root/.plt-scheme/205.  I then updated the
> make file with information releaded to my ODBC manager.
>
> When I try to run the make file in ~/.plt-scheme/205/src/srpersist it
> complains that it can not find:
>
> escheme.h
> schvers.h
>
> When I look at the make file closer I notice that the include path
> contains ../../include and other parts reference ../../bin/mzscheme.  I
> think these links are only correct if SrPersist was install under
> /opt/plt.
>
> So my question is how do I tell setup-plt to install the package under
> /opt/plt ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Arend van der Veen

Posted on the users mailing list.