[plt-scheme] SchemeQL & spgsql

From: Matt (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 5 05:54:38 EST 2003

Thanks!

I had dropped Francisco a note, and we chatted back-and-forth once or
twice.  I did a direct/quick/ugly bit of editing in connection.ss and
odbc.ss that allowed me to drop spgsql in as a replacement for an ODBC
layer; I have queries working, and other things should fall down easily, I
think.

I'll write up what I found needed tweaking, as well as one or two things
that I feel need to be 'pushed down' in terms of abstraction level.
Francisco suggested I might commit changes back against SchemeQL; I don't
think that's a good idea (yet). I agree with what Noel and Francisco both
(independently) hinted at: given the differences in structure between the
drivers, I think there's a little smoothing that needs to be done at the
interface between the 'little language' aspect of SchemeQL and it's
underlying drivers.

Someone ping me with another forum/list/set of addresses to use if we want
to take this conversation off the PLT-general list.

Thanks,
Matt