[plt-scheme] Re: Comparison size installation executable - size installed drscheme

From: Guenther Schmidt (gue.schmidt at web.de)
Date: Mon Dec 1 05:46:28 EST 2003

Dear Roby,

I was so impressed that an application (DrScheme) with a "real /
installed size" of 87 MB could fit into a 5 MB installer.

I haven't seen that ratio before with other applications that I have
installed.

It surprised me that much that I wondered if it could be right or if
Windows (XP) was giving me the wrong information over the size of the
installed executable. It mean it's the best compression ratio I've seen
sofar.

Günther