[plt-scheme] Re: Bug in PLT Scheme 204's SRFI 19 implementation?

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Aug 12 18:05:02 EDT 2003

Francisco Solsona <solsona at acm.org> writes at 16:39 12-Aug-2003 -0500:
> P.S. Neil W. Van Dyke has a non-localized port of SRFI-19 for PLT
> Scheme, which has a smaller foot print.  IIRC, he was going to work it
> a little bit more, before we could adopt it.

Localization mechanisms in my version are now parameterizable via
unit/sig (which has increased the footprint).

There's still some optimizations I want to make before selectively
merging my changes back into the reference implementation and
PLT's/Schematics' fork.  Maybe I will try to sneak a couple small
primitives into MzScheme that do 90% of what I use SRFI-19 for...

http://www.neilvandyke.org/srfi19-plt/
| This is a PLT-specific fork of Will Fitzgerald's SRFI-19 reference
| implementation. The reference implementation has been modified for several
| reasons:
|
|   * Interoperate with the PLT standard date type. All procedures can
|     operate on the PLT date type. A subtype of date, srfi19-date has been
|     created for adding nanoseconds to the representation. The only
|     incompatibility with SRFI-19 is that the SRFI-19 make-date procedure
|     is called make-srfi19-date, due to a name conflict with PLT's
|     make-date.
|   * Various efficiency optimizations, such as removing extraneous uses of
|     string ports.
|   * Parameterize for use with various localization mechanisms. A
|     srfi19-locale^ signature and a dummy-locale@ unit are provided.
|   * Substitute syntax from other SRFIs with PLT builtins.
|   * Added procedures for use with PLT seconds.
|   * Documentation in a format used by the PLT Help Desk.
|
| This is an ongoing exercise. Eventually the worthwhile portable and
| PLT-specific changes will be extracted for use with the SRFI-19 reference
| implementation and the one bundled with PLT.

Posted on the users mailing list.