[plt-scheme] amb and Quantum Computation in Scheme

From: Andre van Tonder (andre at het.brown.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 2 14:10:02 EDT 2003

Readers of this group may be interested in the link:

http://www.het.brown.edu/people/andre/qlambda/index.html

where I have implemented a quantum computing simulator in MzScheme.

The simulator relies on a "quantum" version of McCarthy's
nondeterministic "amb" operator.

Our version, called quamb, keeps track of a complex amplitude for each
history in the quamb-tree, enabling the computation to branch into a
"quantum superposition" of computations.   There is a macro called
quantum-eval, which performs the quantum mechanical sum over histories.

Regards
Andre

Posted on the users mailing list.