[plt-scheme] best practices for directory structures

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 17 16:33:44 EDT 2003

David A. Herman <dherman at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> The documentation (PLT MzScheme: Language Manual Ch. 16) says that both
> variables are used to find collections:

I can't vouch for that code, as it involves a few PLT-specific functions
that I'm not familiar with, and I'm surprised it's given in the Language
Manual as the explanation.  I think PLTHOME is a single directory, while
PLTCOLLECTS is a unix-style path-list of directories.

The mzscheme man page that I have is not good here either, saying PLTHOME
contains a path, which is ambiguous.  Hopefully one of the implementors
can clarify this for us and make the appropriate fix (if it's not already
in CVS).

Posted on the users mailing list.