[plt-scheme] Missing functionality in tab control

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 6 16:10:15 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Two points with the tab control that make it less
useful than it might be:

 - having to construct a panel:single and a tab-panel
and do the switching logic by hand seems unnecessarily
baroque.  Maybe there is some value in having them
separate?  I don't know

 - there isn't any way to relabel a tab, other than
deleting and readding (and if the tab is not the last
one, deleting all of them and then readding all of
them).  This seems like unnecessary work.

I don't expect anyone to fix this, but I thought I'd
mention it on the off chance there is some insane
graduate student on this list who wants to contribute
to the greater good of the world, or at least my
programming experience.

Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com