[plt-scheme] Natural Language Understanding

From: David A. Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 1 12:49:59 EST 2003

I think someone asked a couple weeks ago if anyone uses PLT Scheme for
natural language understanding -- FWIW, I've been playing with techniques
for probabilistic part-of-speech tagging using DrScheme lately (started
with an existing project in Java and got tired of, well, "ad-hoc,
informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementations of half of Common
Lisp."). Also, since I'm prototyping various models, development goes much
more quickly with a REPL and no static types. This is only prototyping,
though, and I don't believe our group has any products in Scheme. In fact,
my boss doesn't yet know that I've been using Scheme...

:)

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.