[plt-scheme] A Couple of Questions on DrScheme/Mzscheme

From: Zbyszek Jurkiewicz (zbyszek at duch.mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Mon Sep 30 11:46:15 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> So you're the MIT of Poland, and you better make sure that you don't
> fall into the MIT trap. Talk to people at MIT who teach the courses
> that consume SICP students, and hear them cry. -- Matthias

No, we are definitely not.  Reason: our students are strongly assigned
to departments and should (I should say must) take prescribed courses.
Thus they go through large pipeline, where every "element" (i.e. teacher)
knows about previous one.  They do not cry, because they prepared this
curriculum.

Personally, I would like to have looser barriers between departments and
allow students to select courses more freely.  Then your remark
would be right and we would definitely have to change the way we
teach them.

Zbyszek Jurkiewicz

Posted on the users mailing list.