[plt-scheme] Two short questions

From: Zbyszek Jurkiewicz (zbyszek at duch.mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Mon Sep 30 09:07:23 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Robert Bruce Findler wrote:

> At Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:14:32 +0200 (CEST), Zbyszek Jurkiewicz wrote:
> >   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >
> > I have two questions about DrScheme:
> >
> > 1. Is there any init file to be read by DrScheme (like for MzS and MrEd).
> >    I need it mostly to conditionally set directory name of local
> >    collections, useful e.g. during version change?
>
> There isn't an init file for DrScheme, but I have considered adding
> exactly that kind of specification to the language dialog for the
> module language. For other languages where the collections are used
> (PLT > MrEd, PLT > MzScheme, and PLT > Pretty Big), you can just put
> this at the beginning of your program:
>
>   (current-library-collection-paths
>    (cons
>     "/path/to/my/collects/"
>     (current-library-collection-paths)))

I'm putting this in ..rc files.  I cannot put it at the beginnings of
programs, because they are often (in the "periods of change") to run
in different "standard" collections.

> If you use CVS, I've just checked in changes to DrScheme to support
> this for the module language. See the "details" section of the language
> dialog.
>

> > 2. Check-syntax button does not like opt-lambda with rest parameter, e.g.
> >
> >    (require (lib "etc.ss"))

> >      (opt-lambda (a (b 1) . c)
> >
> > complaining about it to be invalid.  Of course other tools accept it.
> > Is it an error?
>
> I am unable to reproduce this problem. Can you send a complete program
> that demonstrates the problem and let me know what language you were
> using?

Sorry, this was my fault (masked by implicit requires).  I'm using
opt-lambda when writing non-hygienic macros, and I did require
instead of (require-for-syntax "etc.ss"), because I misestimated
the barrier between compile and run environments.

Once more sorry for bothering.

Zbyszek Jurkiewicz

Posted on the users mailing list.