[plt-scheme] Yet another cute idea

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Sep 27 16:54:28 EDT 2002

On Sep 27, Noel Welsh wrote:
> Now hold on one cotton-pickin' minute boy!  We got
> match-let, match-let* and match-letrec.  Durn me if
> they don't provide pattern matching to introduce new
> bindings.  Sheesh, you kids think you know
> everything...

Yes it does -- and yes, between Swindle, my `match' form, and that
fact that all this is basically used free time, I managed to
completely forgot about it.  But what bothers me in that approach
which is pretty standard is the fact that patterns are really
`special' in the sense that they don't look like what made them.
Either a pattern like `(foo x y)' matches a list of three arguments,
or you hack an addition that will match something else -- and I want
the set of patterns to be expendable -- I want to match structures,
objects and random things that I feel like matching.

Anyway, I'll check things out now -- maybe the best approach would be
to start from match.ss...

> Grandpa-Noel, who programmed with S and K patch-boards
> when he was a boy

If those are what I think they are, then I did that too!